Financial Services Industry
The financial markets are fast-paced and constantly evolving. They’re also facing increasing regulatory scrutiny.
Financial service firms need clear advice from their accountants and business consultants to navigate new regulatory requirements and meet their tax obligations. Our longstanding clients include broker/dealers, investment partnerships, and registered investment advisors. We help set up business structures for broker/dealers, incubate hedge funds, and consult with RIAs on regulations, reporting, and tax treatments. We’re immersed in the financial services arena and follow the markets closely, so our advice is timely.
In order to better serve our clients, we are also licensed to transact business as approved auditors in the Cayman Islands under the name Citrin Cooperman (Cayman). This license enables us to audit offshore hedge funds, mutual funds, Registered Investment Advisors, and other similar entities that are established in the Cayman Island jurisdiction.
Citrin Cooperman’s financial services professionals combine decades of technical expertise with the kind of personal attention that makes the difference.
Our services include:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
- Business structuring
- Compensation and fee structure agreements
- Preparation of annual statements
- Fund of Funds audits
- Tax compliance, projections, and reporting
- Punctual annual K-1 delivery to partners
- Innovative securities transaction tax planning
- Federal, state, regional, and international tax consulting
- Estate, gift tax, and charitable contributions planning
- Preparation of partnership economic and tax allocations
- Representation before the IRS
Management Advisory Services
- Management fee and incentive allocation structure
- Accounting and bookkeeping assistance for management company services
- Investor eligibility
- Organizational structure setup
- Management company operating cash requirements
- Management company staff requirements
- Valuation of privately-held investments