The NYC Department of Finance recently announced that owners of class two and class four properties with ground-floor or second-floor storefronts must file a Supplemental Storefront Registration form annually to report storefront vacancies as of June 30 and December 31 each year. Owners of designated class one properties are not required to file a Supplemental Storefront Registration.
The deadlines to file the Supplemental Storefront Registry are:
- August 15 to report storefronts vacant as of June 30.
- February 15 of the following year to report storefronts vacant as of December 31.
According to the Supplemental Storefront Registration Quick Reference Guide, you should file a Supplemental Storefront Registration by August 15 if all of the following statements are true:
- You own a tax class two or class four property with ground- or second-floor commercial space that is or can be used for retail;
- You filed a primary Storefront Registration by June 1; and
- Any of your registered storefronts are vacant as of June 30.
If all of the registered storefronts for your property are leased on or before June 30, you do not have to file a Supplemental Storefront Registration.
Our specialists are here to help.
Get in touch with a specialist in your industry today.