How Citrin Cooperman Can Help
Government and quasi-government entities face a host of complex regulations. Citrin Cooperman’s Governmental Practice provides audit, accounting, consulting, and as applicable, tax services to federal, state, and local government and quasi-governmental entities. Our team has experience advising various authorities and agencies, including housing, public schools, finance, utilities, transportation and bridges, and other special-purpose entities, as well as counties, municipalities, towns, and cities.
In addition, our professionals have a long history of providing affordable housing-related services to a diverse client base. Our professionals serve various developers (both for-profit and not-for-profit), management agents, and investors on their affordable housing projects. We understand the unique compliance and planning issues they encounter. All of these entities have unique reporting and compliance requirements that an experienced engagement team can help interpret and provide insights. Aside from standard compliance services, we can help you improve your entity’s finances and internal controls, evaluate your software options and cybersecurity, and work with your people to help prevent or identify fraud.
In addition to our core assurance, tax, and advisory services, we also provide:
- Audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Government Auditing Standards
- Audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Annual audits of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit projects
- Annual HUD audits
- Annual REAC submission
- Cost certification audits
- Special-purpose reporting for federal, state, and local compliance requirements
- Agreed-Upon Procedures reporting to meet compliance requirements
- Outsourced CFO services in a governmental environment
- Performance audits of programs/projects in a quasi-governmental environment
- Internal control reviews
- Internal audit services
- Component Unit assessment and structure review
- IT review, assessment, and utilization analysis
Sign up for Governmental insights.
Our in-focus thought capital resource center provides insights on real-time, relevant, strategic and tactical business issues and trends to help keep you in front of what's happening in your industry and the market.
Our Governmental Specialists are here to help.
Get in touch with a specialist in your industry today.