How Citrin Cooperman Can Help
Our partners and staff are licensed Certified Public Accountants with extensive hedge fund audit experience, allowing us to conduct efficient and independent audits. This provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to stay on top of the constant changes in the regulatory environment for hedge funds and other regulated entities.
As the independent auditors of hedge funds, our commitment is to generate timely and cost-efficient audit reports and to provide management with the opportunity to react to financial information and recommendations by us during our audit. We provide year-end audit of financial statements in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America (GAAP). We also serve registered investment advisers by performing the necessary examinations that enable compliance with the new custody rules.
Our financial services group serves domestic and offshore hedge funds, fund-of-funds, private equity funds, and commodity pools. Our diverse client base includes both start-ups and large institutional funds.
In addition to our core assurance, tax, and advisory services, we also provide
- Management consulting
- Initial capitalization and organizational structure
- Consulting relative to regulatory agency memberships
- Assistance to accounting and back-office operations regarding net capital, customer reserve computations, and internal accounting controls
- Assistance in review and preparation of regulatory reports
- Consulting in regard to regulatory examinations
- SAS 70, Compliance, and Internal Control Reviews
- Financial services advisory
- Custody Audits (Surprise Exams)
- Financial statement preparation
- Performance Analysis (Audit or Review)
- Responsive and creative tax planning for securities transactions to ensure optimum tax benefit
- Preparation of federal, state and local fund income tax returns
- Preparation of federal, state and personal tax returns for the owners
- Representation before the IRS
- Assisting in the implementation of procedures to evaluate and monitor uncertain tax positions required by Fin 48, Accounting for Uncertain Tax Positions (UTP’s), including assistance in the evaluation of UTP’s on their technical merits
Sign up for Hedge Fund insights.
Our in-focus thought capital resource center provides insights on real-time, relevant, strategic and tactical business issues and trends to help keep you in front of what's happening in your industry and the market.
Our Hedge Fund Specialists are here to help.
Get in touch with a specialist in your industry today.