Helping clients identify risks and take advantage of opportunities is what we do best.
The real estate industry has gone through one of the most rapid transformations in current years. Real estate professionals found the key to their success came from their ability to adapt to changing environments by engaging innovative leasing, financing and marketing techniques.
Many challenges still loom over the industry. Understanding and successfully navigating matters like “green” compliance, alternative financing transactions, identifying investment properties and limiting risk are just some of the issues we address.
Our dedicated real estate team understands everything from daily operational issues to succession planning. Our clients experience a stream-lined compliance process and benefit from our operational review which focuses on the big picture. Our goal is to add value to our clients by providing recommendations that improve profitability, efficiency, and growth.
Citrin Cooperman’s real estate clients include:
- Private Real Estate Funds
- Real Estate Investors
- Management Companies
- Cooperative Housing Corporations and Condominium Associations
In addition to the attest and tax compliance services that our clients regularly rely on us for, our team has an established reputation for providing insight on various issues affecting the real estate industry, such as:
- Identification of federal, state, and local tax credits
- Transaction structuring
- International tax
- Effective investment and succession planning
- Due diligence
- Internal controls
- Cash flow and profitability analysis
- Common area maintenance studies
- Review of rent escalations and other lease provisions
- Cost segregation analysis
- REIT compliance
- Mortgage and mezzanine financing assistance
- Operational support for financial reporting including SEC filings
- Loan repayment and defeasance analysis