How Citrin Cooperman Can Help
We have served as testifying or consulting experts on many legal/accounting defense teams including:
- Pre-indictment risk analysis
- Discovery issues
- Review of the relevant documents including the books and records, financial statements, and tax returns
- Application of data analytics and data mining
- Analysis of related party transactions
- Analysis of economic factors impacting the defendant's actions
- Development of potential offset defenses based on alternative permissible GAAP and tax positions
- Assessment of the quality of the company’s system of internal controls and its financial management
- Review of cybersecurity issues, including compliance, infrastructure, vulnerability, and penetration testing
- Assist with interviewing prospective witnesses
- Observation of opposing experts’ testimony and courtroom assistance during the trial
- Provide expert testimony at trial
- Assist in the preparation of post-trial pre-sentencing memorandum
We have participated in a broad range of cases involving alleged criminality, including:
- Filing of fraudulent tax returns
- Healthcare fraud and abuse
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Securities fraud
- Fraud related to regulated governmental programs
- Kickback and purchasing fraud
- Bank fraud
- Real estate fraud
- Fraudulent financial reporting
- Broker embezzlement and churning
- Money laundering
- Theft of intellectual property
We have also served as court appointed fiduciaries and receivers in the healthcare and entertainment industries. Additionally, we have participated in drafting and monitoring corporate compliance plans. With over 25 years of experience in significant litigation matters, we have cultivated relationships with top law firms. With Citrin Cooperman, our clients receive valuable insights obtained from hands-on experience in working closely with counsel and our extensive understanding of the courtroom. We develop a comprehensive work plan to complete the engagement on time, within budget, and on-point with its objectives. Our team is comprised of an impressive combination of professionals including Certified Public Accountants (CPA); Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (CIRA), Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV), Certified Turnaround Professionals (CTA); professionals with certifications issued by the American Institute of CPAs, including Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF); Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), Accredited Senior Appraisers (ASA), Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), and attorneys.
Focused insights on demand.
Our In Focus Resource Center provides insights on real-time, relevant, strategic, and tactical business issues and trends to help keep you in front of what's happening in your industry and the market.
Our White Collar Criminal Tax Defense professionals are here to help.
Get in touch with a specialist today.