How Citrin Cooperman Can Help
We work closely with attorneys representing public and private corporations, insurance companies, governmental agencies, and individuals. Once engaged, it’s our job to assist in demonstrating that the damages incurred were foreseeable and that the amount of harm can be quantified to a reasonable degree of certainty.
You can count on us to:
- Assist counsel during the discovery process, identifying key documents required to develop a damage model
- Develop a comprehensive damage model supported by appropriate economic and financial theories
- Analyze company, industry, and general economic data to ascertain the appropriate risk in achieving the claimed damage stream
- Prepare a well-documented expert and/or rebuttal report, supporting the selected amount and measure of damages
- Testify at depositions and assist counsel during the course of the opposing expert’s deposition
- Testify at trials and assist counsel during the course of the opposing expert’s trial testimony
- Assist counsel, if necessary, in post-trial proceedings
We approach each engagement with a highly integrated group of forensic accountants, finance and economic specialists, and valuation experts. Our damage models, expert reports, and expert testimony enhance the chances of a successful outcome for each engagement. We participate in representative engagements across the legal spectrum and are accessible during all phases of litigation.
Our team is comprised of an impressive group of professionals including Certified Public Accountants (CPAs); Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs); Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (CIRAs); Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV); Certified Turnaround Professionals (CTAs); professionals with certifications issued by the American Institute of CPAs, including professionals Accredited in Business Valuations (ABVs) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFFs); Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs); Accredited Senior Appraisers (ASAs); Certified Valuation Analysts (CVAs); and attorneys.
Focused insights on demand.
Our In Focus Resource Center provides insights on real-time, relevant, strategic, and tactical business issues and trends to help keep you in front of what's happening in your industry and the market.
Our Economic Damage Analysis professionals are here to help.
Get in touch with a specialist today.