Tuesday, June 1, 2021 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PT)
Join State and Local Tax Practice Partner Eugene Rivera and the New York Staffing Association at their webinar "State and Local Tax Issues for the Staffing Industry- Avoiding Common Pitfalls." Learn the latest staffing industry issues, including:
- Filing requirements: Many staffing firms register for payroll taxes when they have temps working in a state, but there can be other business tax filing requirements to consider. We’ll discuss state nexus considerations that make all the difference.
- Sourcing of revenues to states: Historically permanent placement were soured to the placement firm’s HQ, but with economic and market sourcing rules being prevalent now, these revenues are frequently sourced to the location where the employee is placed. Understanding these impacts can protect your business from exposure.
- Sales taxes in temporary staffing: The sales taxability of temp staffing charges is often overlooked, as are the differing methods related to figuring out the tax base. We’ll talk through the issues connected to this area of the state tax world.
- Local taxes: Another area of complexity that is often missed. We’ll cover what to look out for when dealing with separate jurisdictions.
- Worker classification considerations: There can be a certain temptation to classify a worker as an independent contractor but significant thought should be given to the issue before doing so.
Click the button below to register through New York Staffing Association to attend this webinar.